“Eye-opening and heartbreaking, AND THEN I GO is a must see film for all.” Behind the Lens
A sold out crowd and lots of buzz surrounded our latest film at the Los Angeles Film Festival. Variety named And Then I Go one of its “10 films to watch” going into the festival.
Shot in Louisville, Kentucky, the film, directed by Vincent Grashaw, tells the story of two boys, branded together as misfits, who – in the wilderness of junior high – are at the bottom of the food chain. Their fury simmers quietly until an unthinkable idea offers them a terrifying release.
“Told with a blend of expository voiceover, present day, and flashbacks, Grashaw gives an understanding to the complexity of the misunderstood youths through this tapestried and layered film.” — Behind the Lens
The feature…“provides an essential and insightful perspective that will resonate with audiences attuned to the challenges of adolescence.” — The Hollywood Reporter
See more reviews here.
Produced by our partner and Independent Spirit Award nominee Laura Smith, the film, also features:
- Justin Long (Live Free or Die Hard, Dodgeball)
- Melanie Lynskey (Up in the Air, Two and a Half Men)
- Emmy Award-winner Carrie Preston (The Good Wife, Person of Interest)
- Emmy Award-winner Tony Hale (Veep, Arrested Development)
- Sean Bridgers (Room, Sweet Home Alabama)
- Melonie Diaz (Fruitvale Station, Ro)
The story is based on the novel by Jim Shepard, who also co-wrote the screenplay.
Sword & Spoon’s John Kingston and Bill Wall are executive producers of the film.